Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to accept these terms and conditions in full, please exit this website.
About these terms and conditions
- Your use of this website creates a legally binding agreement between Hurst Plastics Ltd part of Hurst Group (Northern) Limited, a registered company established in England and Wales (company number 2911969), whose registered office is at Aynsley House, Common Road, Low Moor, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD12 0UF. (“us”, “we”, “our”) and you, the user of this website at URL: www.hurst-plastics.co.uk and www.hurstdoors.co.uk or any replacement or successor URL (“our website”).
- Your use of our website may be subject to restrictions imposed by law. You must comply with these laws as it is not possible for us to comply with them on your behalf.
- We may change these terms and conditions at any time by publishing a new version on our website. Your use of our website will from that point on be governed by such new version. If you do not wish to accept any new version of our terms and conditions, then you should not continue to use our website. If you continue to use our website after the date on which the new version of our terms and conditions come into effect, then your continued use of our website shall indicate your agreement to be bound by the new terms and conditions.
Use of our website by you
- We license you to use our website provided that:
- you are over 18 years old; and
- you use our website only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Our website is designed to enable you to submit requests to us. When you access our website, you are agreeing that your use of our request forms will be in accordance with these terms and conditions. We may choose to reject your submission of any such completed form and may deny you access to our request forms for any reason.
- Your licence to use our website extends only to your temporary downloading of material on our website to a personal computer operated by you and to your printing out one copy of such material for your own non-commercial, personal use.
- Unless you have first obtained our written consent, you are not permitted:
- to alter any material downloaded from our website;
- to incorporate any material downloaded from our website into any other work or publication in any form;
- to reproduce (except as specified above), transmit or distribute material downloaded from our website to others by any means;
- to create and/or publish a link to any part of our website without our prior written consent; or
- to download, use or copy all or any part of our website for any commercial purpose.
- You must not use, or permit the use by any other person of our website: in any way which is defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing; in any way which violates or infringes the rights of any person or organisation (including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality and rights of privacy); in any way which is illegal or unlawful; to introduce a virus, trojan horse, worm or other disruptive program or item whatsoever; in any way which may cause our website or its functionality to be impaired or interrupted in any manner; to attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of our website; or in any way which is not authorised by us or which is in breach of these terms and conditions.
- We may terminate your licence to use our website or any part of it at any time for any reason, but any such termination shall not affect any rights which have accrued to either you or us prior to such termination.
- We may alter or withdraw our website or any part of it without notice at any time for any reason without incurring any liability to you or to any third party.
Content of our website
- Our website does not constitute an offer by us to sell the products or provide the services described within it.
- Whilst we do try to keep the information provided on our website accurate and up to date, we reserve the right to alter specifications at any time and, as set out below, we do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- You agree that:
- some products and services may only be available for purchase in selected geographical areas and during limited periods of time (as the products and services described on this website are intended for the United Kingdom market);
- some descriptions of products and services contained in our website include optional equipment, accessories and/or enhancements which may not be fitted or available as standard;
- any colour appearing on our website is not necessarily an accurate reproduction of the colour it purports to represent;
- You agree that all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright, database rights, registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks, registered and unregistered design rights, and the right to apply for any of the foregoing) in and to our website and its contents are vested in us or in our subsidiary companies or in our respective licensors.
Links and other websites
- All links from our website to the websites of third parties have been provided for your convenience only. All websites accessible by means of such links are separate and distinct from our website and we do not accept any liability in respect of the use of any of them. Your use of such linked websites may be subject to terms and conditions displayed on such websites or to other terms and conditions. We have no control over the contents of such linked websites and we therefore accept no liability in respect of such contents. We do not in any way endorse any website which may be linked to our website, the provider of any such linked website or any products or services of any third party.
- All installers and sales agents who sell our products and those of our subsidiary companies are independent trading entities and make such sales on their own account rather than as our agents. Accordingly, they have no authority to bind or to make any representation or undertaking on behalf of us or of any of our subsidiary companies or subcontractors.
Liability and warranties
Access to our website is provided free of charge and therefore:
- We accept no liability for any use whatsoever of our website other than as set out in these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions form the entire agreement between us and you in respect of your permission to use our website. We are not liable for any statement or representation that we make to you, even if you rely on it, unless we made the statement or representation fraudulently. In all other circumstances, and to the extent permitted by law, we exclude our liability for all losses, expenses and damage of any nature arising in any way from the use by any person of our website or from any error or omission in the information contained in our website or from any inability to use our website.
- Our website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) all implied terms, warranties and representations in connection with these terms and conditions.
- We do not make any warranty or representation: that any email or other electronic communication we send to you or that you send to us will reach its destination or that it will be private and secure during internet transmission; that your use of our website will not infringe the rights of any third parties; about the accuracy, quality, completeness or fitness for any purpose of any information on our website; in relation to products or services offered on our website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) unless specified in separate terms and conditions in connection with particular products or services; about our website or linked websites; or as to the availability of our website.
- You acknowledge that we have no control over the compatibility of our website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links. Accordingly, you release us, our agents and employees from all liability (to the fullest extent permitted by law) arising out of or in connection with the compatibility of our website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links.
- You acknowledge that we have no control over the world wide web and you agree therefore that we are not responsible for the operation or the level of performance of any hypertext, text, banner, logo or other links, the internet or the world wide web or for any telephone charges or other costs that you may incur in accessing and using our website.
- You agree to indemnify us (subject to any restrictions imposed by law) from and against all costs, losses, claims, damages, expenses or proceedings suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with any breach of these conditions by you and any breach by you of any applicable law or legislation.
- The limitations and exclusions on our liability described in these terms and conditions do not apply in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in the case of our fraud.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter is: Hurst Doors (A trade name of Hurst Plastics Limited, Unit 1 Kingston International Business Park, Somerden Road, Hedon Road, Hull, HU9 5PE Company Reg. 03034235)
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except employees and former employees of Hurst Doors and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- To enter this competition the homeowners Hurst Door must have been installed within two months previous to competition entry.
- There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.twitter.com and http://www.instagram.com
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The competition will be judged on a monthly basis. The promoter reserves the right to close the competition without notice.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Entrants must leave a Google review on Hurst Door’s business listing and upload a photo of their newly installed Hurst Door and tag Hurst Doors into the post. The entry that receives the most likes within the same month that the review was received and photo was uploaded will be deemed the winner.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated on Twitter and Instagram, where mentioned in marketing communications and on hurstdoors.co.uk. The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by Direct Message on Instagram or Twitter and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition entrants must be able to confirm which Hurst trade installer fitted their Hurst door so that the installation can be verified.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Instagram, Google or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Hurst Doors (Hurst Plastics Ltd) and not to any other party.
- Hurst Doors (Hurst Plastics Ltd) decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- Hurst Doors (Hurst Plastics Ltd) shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Hurst Doors (Hurst Plastics Ltd) also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
AVOCET ABS ULTIMATE DIAMOND EURO CYLINDER £1000 SECURITY GUARANTEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ABS Ultimate 3 Star Diamond Euro Cylinder meets the requirements of the British Kitemark, TS007 3* and Sold Secure Diamond testing criteria and also holds Secured by Design accreditation – the Police Crime Preventions Initiative.
The lock has been specifically designed to combat against all known methods of attack on a euro cylinder. The ABS Ultimate lock has built in “Active Cam” technology with an advanced internal locking system that will prevent access into the inner workings of the doorbolt if it has been snapped on the outside.
The lock will remain secure after forced entry snapping attacks and in most cases will still be operable with the key from the inside.
Given Avocet offer this unprecedented level of security on ABS Ultimate locks we have the confidence to state that in the unfortunate event that a burglar was able to gain access to your property by snapping the cylinder then Avocet will pay £1000 in compensation to the homeowner.
The £1000 Security Guarantee applies provided that all of the following conditions are met:
- Doors covered by the guarantee are deadlocked using only genuine Avocet keys and the keys are not left in the cylinder.
- The guarantee form has been filled in and completed (online) and received within 28 days of the installation and not less than 1 month prior to any claim being made.
- The products must have been fitted by a Hurst Door installer.
- The Cylinder lock has been maintained correctly with graphite powder as a dry lubricant at 12 months intervals from the date of installation. Do not use WD40 or 3-in-1 oil.
- Any claims must be made in writing within 28 days of the break-in providing details of the incident and MUST include the crime reference number provided by the Police Authority the crime was reported to. An Avocet Technical representative will conduct a brief but detailed investigation within 28 days of the reported break-in. The cylinder lock MUST be returned to Avocet for inspection with photographic evidence of the lock snapped within the door. After investigation if the report confirms that the ABS Ultimate lock relating to the compensation guarantee were correctly fitted and maintained, according to our instructions, and failed due to a forced entry through the door the lock was fitted in, the claim will be processed within 28 days of the inspection.
- Only one claim per installation is permissible within the 10 year guarantee period which commences at the registered installation date. Guarantee is valid for UK mainland installations and applies to domestic homeowners properties only.