Published: 05th January 2021
ROLE TITLE: IT Manager
REPORTING TO: Director & General Manager
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION:
To provide effective IT support and development to all areas of the business so as to ensure a high level of business performance.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To ensure effective use of IT resources within all areas of the business by championing the use of technology and smarter ways of working throughout the business.
- The effective oversight and development of IT performance.
- Management of the existing IT systems including Sage 1000 ERP.
- Supporting the management team by facilitating the delivery of the IT Strategy.
- Approve IT vendors used by the organisation and monitor their performance.
- Approve and monitor major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance.
- Agree priorities between the IT department and user departments.
- Review the adequacy and allocation of IT resources in terms of funding, personnel, equipment, and service levels.
- Ensure the integrity, control and effective operation of all computer systems, telecoms equipment, related applications, hardware and software that is used within the business.
- Manage the IT infrastructure with support from external resource.
- Ensure all users are effectively trained to utilise business systems to support business process.
- Manage compliance and software licensing.
- Provide disaster recovery planning with reviews & tests
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Managing a small team of IT personnel in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years practical experience of Sage 500/1000, VB.net, C#, T-SQL, MS Access/VBA. CISCO ASA, HP Network
- Experience of Business System implementation
- Articulate, high attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communicator
- Fulltime, permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Additional profit related bonus
- Initial 25 days holiday up to 30 days
- Company pension
- Death in service insurance
- Private medical
- Free on-site parking
For further details or to apply for the position, please forward your CV along with covering letter to Mark Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org